This is beginning to manifest itself in things like:
- awkward product placement in television shows
- “sponsored Tweets” intermingled between things you actually follow
- corporate created “viral” videos and marketing shenanigans
- “sponsored stories” that pay Facebook for placement in your newsfeed
- ads displayed within video game virtual worlds (and loading screens)
As more people tune it out, all those advertising dollars will seek new ways to try and get into our heads.
Advertising is asymmetric warfare for our minds.
· · ·
If you enjoyed this post, please join my mailing list